Frequently Asked Questions
How do I care for my turkish towel?
The beauty of Turkish Towels is that they get softer and more absorbent every time you launder them.
- They can be machine-washed on a cool setting (30 degrees or less)
- Avoid using fabric softener as this can reduce your towel’s absorbency
- Air dry
- You can also tumble-dry them after they have hung on the line for extra softness
- Do not use bleach on your towels
- Tighten the knots on the tassels periodically
- If you want, give them a quick iron
What else can it be used for?
Turkish towels are so versatile and have multiple uses:
- Yoga or Pilates mat cover
- Great for the gym and sports bags
- A wrap when you’re at the pool or beach
- Use as a throw over furniture
- Picnic blanket
- A baby blanket or pram cover
- You can fashion a bag out of it when you’re at the beach and have your hands full
- Fantastic for the car when you’ve picked up children after sport or taken your dog for a walk
Simply put, they can be used in almost any situation.
Are turkish towels eco-friendly?
Turkish towels take up less space in your washing machine versus traditional towels and therefore use less water to launder.
They also love to air-dry so use less electricity.
Because they dry so quickly, you may find you launder them less often than traditional towels as they don’t retain moisture and get smelly.
Can I travel with them?
Turkish towels make the perfect travel companions.
They are light and take up less space than a normal towel. They can double as a beach wrap or a scarf in the evenings when it gets chilly.
They dry very quickly when you use them at the pool or beach. It takes just a shake to remove sea sand off of them due to the fact that they have a flat weave.
You can even use your towel as a blanket on the plane or in the car when you travel.
How do I re-tie the tassles?
It’s very easy to do. Please follow these steps:
- Separate the threads into two equal sections
- Twist each section in a clockwise direction
- Then twist both sections together in an anti-clockwise direction
- Knot tightly at the end